Sarah and I had a lengthy discussion that my spirit animal would be a golden retriever, but I'd much rather it be Jiji from Kiki's Delivery Service. In true copycat fashion (see what I did there?), here are 20 random questions with equally random yet truthful responses.
1) What things are you passionate about?
Well that seems like a rather staged question doesn't it? Well I would have to say (in no particular order):
animals, science-fiction stories, snowboarding, Utah, 3D modeling, 3D printing, Philip K. Dick, androids, robots, machines, Modest Mouse, The Gorillaz, Coheed and Cambria, silkscreen, Miss Pacman, Frogger, Final Fantasy VII, fried chicken...
I think that pretty much covers it.
2) What do you think the best invention is?
Well that's an interesting one. I'm going to change this to "favorite" invention, which would be 3D computer graphics. And the man responsible for a lot of development in 3D graphics and texture mapping is Ed Catmull. Without him and a bunch of other people, I wouldn't be doing what I do for a living.
3) If you could be any celebrity, who would you be?
Honestly, I wouldn't want to be a celebrity. I quite like the rather anonymous life that I live. However if I have to answer the question it would be Milla Jovovich. It just seems like she has so much fun on set and I love all her movies.
4) Where is your favorite place to shop?
Toy Tokyo in Manhattan or eBay (also for toys)
5) What drink do you usually order with food?
Beer (Guiness or Magic Hat).
6) What is the biggest thing you have ever won?
Literally? Probably a giant plastic-pellet-stuffed Charizard from an amusement park. That thing was huge!
7) Do you believe in fate?
I believe in probability and statistics.
8) Where did you go on your last vacation?
Back home to Utah for Christmas with the family. Literally the best snow on earth!
9) What would you do if you couldn't watch tv or use the internet for a month?
That's easy. I would 3D model and read all the books on my bookshelf that I haven't read yet, which is most of the books on my bookshelf.
10) When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I had exactly 3 things I wanted to be. The first was a garbage truck driver (because I liked the uniforms and trucks) The second was a drifter (yeah, seriously). The third was a veterinarian.
11) What's the best thing about your gender?
People are surprised when I tell them what I do for a living. A woman in a technology is somewhat of a rarity.
12) If you became the president, what is the first thing you would do?
I would quit
13) What is your favorite day of the week?
14) What is something that makes you smile?
15) How do you think the world will end?
Well this has gotten a bit grim hasn't it? When the sun swallows the planet I suppose.
16) What are the three best pieces of advice you've received?
The world is full of stupid people.
Just keep doing what you love and things will naturally fall into place.
You make your own luck.
17) What is your favorite Holiday?
Winter break holidays because I get to visit my family for a few weeks.
18) How did you get your name?
My name was made up by my mother before I was born. It was derived out of a dream I was told.
19) Do you know the meaning of your name?
It means me, because it's completely made up and entirely original. If you are another Dhemerae, please contact me!
20) What are three websites that you visit every day?
io9, Hackaday, Kotaku - You can look them up.